mushrooms

Last week in science, we learned about mushrooms. S0me mushrooms are invasive some aren’t. usually the poisonous mushrooms are invasive because when some are poisonous to everything they can’t be eaten. Therefor their population grows until they over populate. Some mushrooms are edible like lions mane or the rare morel. Mushrooms all have spores. Spores are their gills that help them breathe. Some spores have stains that can be used to make spore prints. My questions are: Why do mushrooms grow in groups? Why are some poisonous? Are any edible mushrooms invasive?

2 thoughts on “mushrooms

1. Hey Brody – good post. While I believe some mushrooms are invasive it may not be because they are poisonous. Not everything is affected by the poison. Some species have developed a symbiotic relationship with the mushroom where they can eat it. The gills on a mushroom do not help it breathe. Mushrooms do not breathe.

2. Dear, Brody,

I really liked your post because it was very simple and easy to read. Do you know how many spores a mushroom can produce in a year? I think your blog is very good. Although there are a few typos and errors. One being, ” s0me.” I think you meant to say, some. Another being, “u.” You accidentally forgot to capitalize the “u” in one of your sentences. Other than that, your post was great.

Sincerely, Ellie